Texas Instruments in collaboration with Department of Science and Technology (DST) proudly announce the DST & Texas Instruments India Innovation Challenge Design Contest 2018 anchored by NSRCEL, Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore (IIMB) and supported by MyGov. The contest is open for all Indian engineering students pursuing undergraduate, postgraduate & Doctoral degrees with Indian engineering colleges. All the participants must be Indian Nationals
OBJECTIVE OF THE CHALLENGE
Texas Instruments (TI) invites all student innovators, thinkers and makers of the country to join the revolution, who have a dream to create something new, aspire to make a difference, contribute to India’s success towards becoming an Innovation Hub.
Give your ideas a jump-start by sculpting your innovation with technical support from Texas Instruments, business mentorship from IIMB, funding, Tools and prizes of INR 8.2 crores from DST& TI
Design- using Innovative products with technical mentorship & resources from TI
Incubate – with mentors from India’s smartest brains from IIMB
Launch – your product with funding and prizes from DST& TI
All the participating teams are expected to register, form teams, identify mentor and provide Business and Technical details about their idea. The forms and templates will be provided at Registration portal.
The Finalist teams will further develop their product and select teams be invited to Final Evaluation event in August 2019 and top teams will be selected for Incubation at IIM Bangalore. Top teams will receive additional seed fund from DST to launch their startup.
- Certificate of Excellence from TI & NSRCEL, IIMB
- Cash Prizes from TI for each team
- Cash Prize for Best Women team
- Funding from DST
- Stipend for select Finalists teams for next 12 months
SELECTION CRITERIA The evaluation will be based on the evaluation framework designed by IIMB in collaboration with TI. Business Potential and Technical Innovation forms the base of the evaluation framework. The evaluation panel will be comprised of stalwarts from Startup Ecosystem, Industry Leaders and Domain experts
AWARDS AND FUNDING
- Key Features of the TI – IICDC 2018 edition
- INR 20 Lacs seed funds to top 10 startups
- INR 5 Lacs product development funds to select semifinalists teams
- INR 30K stipends to select Semi finalists teams
- Free TI Tools worth up to INR 70 Lacs to participants
- 15000+ certificates spread across the whole contest
- 600+ types of cash prizes spread throughout the contest totaling up to INR 50 Lacs
Team Leader must follow the below steps to participate
- Create an account on MyGov https://www.mygov.in
- Go to website https://innovate.mygov.inand click on the “INDIA INNOVATION CHALLENGE” icon.