The Monsoon Session of Parliament is to be held between 18th July and 10th, 2018. The legislative business would include passing of six Ordinances promulgated during the inter-session period before the Monsoon Session, 2018.
Bill is listed for consideration and passage
- Constitution (One Hundred and Twenty-Third Amendment) Bill, 2017,
- Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Bill, 2017,
- Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Bill, 2016,
- National Medical Commission Bill, 2017,
- Rights of Children to Free and Compulsory Education (Second Amendment) Bill, 2017
Apart from key social bills, a host of reformist bills such as FRDI, Code of Wages, The Requisitioning and Acquisition of Immovable Property (Amendment) Bill are also in the pipeline.
The last session of Parliament, the 2018 Budget session, could work for only 21% of the allotted time in the Lok Sabha and 31% in the Rajya Sabha. The second half of the Budget session was a near washout.